Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A ROLE CHANGE

Ok, something I dont like about myself... I feel like if we're doing an activity as a large group, whichever group it is.... I feel like I have to organize it, or it won't go the right way....... I HATE THIS ABOUT MYSELF, and slowly I am trying to change that.

We're planning a large group event at a school conference I have to go to, and I am not the one making reservations for hotel, flight, rental, etc..... which I really dont have time to do anyway...

I am SO annoyed at one of my friends who's organizing, because she keeps emailing back and forth and back and forth saying, ok she's making the reservations, and she wants everyone's input... because she hasnt heard from all 5 of us (I think 3 of us so far), so wants to be sure all of us are cool with her reservations. WE ARE, dont worry... it will be fine. WE trust you.....

NOW, she just told us that she is still making the reservations, but now she is going out of town... JESUS, let someone else make the damn reservations and JUST DO IT already... this is a huge conference and the hotels are already booking up, just book the damn thing before going on vacation, and let's be done with it already.

I know women are in charge when it comes to vacations you take with the husband, kids, etc..... and lemme guys, it goes smoothly and everyone's happy; right? But what about a group of 5 girls.... HMM... CHAOS, I'm thinking.

But, I'm trying to roll with the punches, and if the hotel is booked, oh well... I wont stress bout it. I just have to remember, NOT MY PROBLEM.

Thanks~

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It is hard when you have no control in what is going on. I am with you, she just needs to book it and be done with it so she has some peace and so do the rest of you!