Sunday, November 23, 2008

Books and you...

Ok, I know alot of you guys are readers.... and I am trying to get into this world.... I have missed out on so much. I was so proud of myself for reading a non-school book, and last month I finished it.

So, then it got me thinking I need to get another one.... so, I was at Costco and saw this cute book about women living in a hick-town dreaming of moving to NYC (thought of Patty)... but it was SUCH a boring book, on like chapter 4 I was still bored. I know sometimes books take awhile to get going, but on Cap 4 I almost HATED the fact of, OMG I need to read a chapter tonight... YUCK ~

So, I was also trying to think of soem ideas for my family to get me some things at XMas (I think it's funny my Mom still asks or XMas lists... funny, right?)... and so, I was thinking... books. I listed some topics I was interested in, I asked some gals at work what they read, like what types of books they read.... then I thought, well, maybe I should see about jumping on the "Stephanie Meyer (sp?) Bandwagon", cause everyone who I've talked to who reads her seems to love the story of her series.... but I dunno...

I guess this is part of the process, right? Finding an author that you like, and go with that.... I dont know who I like. At this point, I am just willing to try and read anything.... so, if anyone has some decent books just laying around and you really enjoyed them, lemme know their titles, and perhpas I can borrow the book for awhile to see if I like it.....

So, I know I LOVED the DaVinci Code, from Dan Brown.... so I decided with some advice from the hubby to start reading the Angels and Demons novel. So, thats the one I'm gonna start tonight.

What are your thoughts/advice?

No comments: