Thursday, October 30, 2008

Focusing on the good in friends - Story #1

So... I got the most special B-day gift from one of my best-friends. She is wonderful.... she is one of those friends, that you have grown up with and had forever, been thru everything and anything with..... she has to be the most caring friend I have ever had, especially now when I need that in my life, she is right there. Even moving to CA, I was scared that our friendship would suffer. Maybe it did a bit, maybe we spaced apart our friendship more than we both would want to, but I think we've bounced back... and frankly, I think we're stronger than ever. Maybe it could be that I am more honest with myself and others, possibly grown up a bit, maybe both, maybe both of us?.... whatever it is.... I love her so much, and I am truly BLESSED to have her in my life.

So, what truly inspired me was that she gave me this book about friendship. It means and little more deeper and meaningful then just being bout that, but you get the just. All these neat little phrases and such that discuss friendship.... I am making an open forum for myself and anyone else... each day I blog, I will discuss one phrase and possibly share a special moment in my life from a friend relating to that phrase. I think this is a wonderful, because I have realized how much I appreciate and love my best friends, and just friends in general.... i think I love deeper and harder now these days, and so it is time to recognize that ~

Phrase: "Friendship is a smiley kind of feeling"
~ This phrase reminds me of my friend Stephanie at school. She and I crack up.... just CRACK up. Pharmacy school is SO boring at times... and horrific too.... Oh My, I can just remember the horror. So, to get thru it (barely), we'd make cracks and jokes about others (all in fun, ya know....) And it came down to making tastless Yo Momma jokes..... and so, whatever topic we'd talk about in class, it came down to a Yo Momma. "Yo Momma has hypertension".... "Yo Mommma is a Diflucan".... all crap that seems REALLY lame to non-Pharmacy folks, but is Hilarious to students who are so sleep deprived and on their last nerve, that is strikes quite funny, IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS EVEN. And Stephanie and I would bury our head in our computers, her laughing loudly and me crying, of course, because we're laughing so hard. She definately brings me a smiley kind of feeling.

No comments: