Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One question~

So... I was at work, and this woman was standing in the hall one the phone as I walked by yesterday morning. She said good morning, again while on the phone..... so I smiled and said "Morning" somewhat softly as to not interrupt her phone call. She finished up her phone call in like 1 sec, and hung up the receiver and said..... "Excuse me, I said hello to you".... Ok, so my question is.... are you nice to people EXPECTING something back? I always say hi, or smile at everyone, regardless if they acknowledge it back or not.... I have said hi to numerous strangers just to be nice, and when they dont say Hi back, I go about my day... yeah, I probably say ... well, fine then jerk... but I dont call them out on it!!!! Especially, since I friggin did say Hi anyway!!! So, I replied with: "I did say hi".... and continued on my way.... and continued to hear her bitch all the way down the hall at how rude it is to not say it back... I FRIGGIN DID, and I was trying top be courteous to not disturb her phone call!!!! Anyways, I just thought it was funny how bent out of shape she became over me supposedly not saying hi back.

Do you guys say/do nice things EXPECTING that someone will respond back?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, she sounds rude. I don't expect anything in return when I am doing something out of kindness...it seems to defeat the purpose. Good you laughed it off!